English Language > Creative Writing > Writing for moving images
Task 1: film language
Finally, it's important to use the right language for discussing films. Make sure you comment on some of the following:
- Performance: how the film is acted.
- Direction: how the story is told.
- Editing: how the parts of the film or action are put together.
- Cinematography: how the film looks (how it is photographed).
- Music and sound effects: how the music works with or against the pictures.
- Special effects: how the film uses unusual techniques such as computer-generated imagery (CGI).
- Camera angles: how the film creates mood by manipulating the camera, eg:
- Close-up and extreme close up
- Panning shot: the camera is fixed but the lens moves across a scene, eg a landscape