List of Phrases - Unit 9 (feelings - astonishment)
This blog will contain few list of phrases expressing astonishment....
- drop a bombshell – if you drop a bombshell, you make an unexpected announcement which will greatly change a situation.
- credibility gap – the extent of disbelief, of the difference between what you are asked to believe and what you are able to believe, is called credibility gap.
- jaw drops – if someone’s jaw drops, they show total amazement.
- jump out of one’s skin – if you jump out of your skin, you are extremely surprised or shocked.
- words fail me – this expression is often used when someone is so shocked, surprised or touched by something that they don’t know what to say.