List of Phrases - Unit 8 (feelings - happiness) - 8 July 2014 - Blog - Shawon Notes
Login to remove advertisement.
Tips and Guides
News and other site updates
A Level Ebooks
Composition Writing - English
Place your ad here: Tk 50 CPM
» List of Phrases - Unit 8 (feelings - happiness)
List of Phrases - Unit 8 (feelings - happiness)
This blog will contain few list of phrases expressing happiness....
on cloud nine
- A person who is
on cloud nine
is very happy because something wonderful has happened.
like a dog with two tails
– if someone is like a dog with two tails, they are extremely happy.
- If someone is living in a fool's paradise, they are in a state of contentment that will not last because their happiness is based on illusion or false hope.
grin from ear to ear
– if somebody grins from ear to ear, they look very satisfied and happy.
– someone who is a happy camper is generally content or satisfied with what is happening in their lives and no complaints.
happy as a flea in a doghouse
– if someone is (as) happy as a flea in a doghouse, they are very happy and contented.
life is just a bowl of cherries
– the expression means that life is pleasant and uncomplicated.
music to your ears
– if something is music to your ears, the information that you receive makes you feel very happy
thrilled to bits
– someone who is thrilled to bits is extremely pleased about something
walking on air
– when you are happy and excited because of a pleasant even that makes you feel as if you are floating, you are walking on air.
time of your life
– if you have the time of your life, you enjoy yourself very much.
on top of the world
– if you feel on top of the world, you are extremely happy because everything is going well for you.
Terms of Service
Shawon Notes © 2017