List of Phrases - Unit 7 (feelings - fear) - 8 July 2014 - Blog - Shawon Notes
Login to remove advertisement.
Tips and Guides
News and other site updates
A Level Ebooks
Composition Writing - English
Place your ad here: Tk 50 CPM
» List of Phrases - Unit 7 (feelings - fear)
List of Phrases - Unit 7 (feelings - fear)
This blog will contain few list of phrases expressing fear....
jaw muscles were hardening
– describe anxiety or fear
kept an anxious eye
– be alert or conscious of
like a fallout shelter
– like a place giving protection from danger
– dark and threatening sky
staggered a little ways
– continued to walk with weak, unsteady steps
stirring up their agonizing memories
– brought about their painful memories
– having a loud, rough and unpleasant statement to caution
beads of sweat were standing out on his brow and forehead
– drops of liquid formed on his brow and forehead because he felt hot or fearful
make your blood run cold
– if something makes your blood run cold, it shocks or scares you a lot.
butterflies in stomach
– if you have butterflies in your stomach, you are feeling very nervous.
nerves of steel
– someone who has nerves of steel is not afraid in difficult or dangerous situation.
- if someone is struck dumb, they are unable to speak because they are so surprised, shocked or frightened by something.
quaking in one’s boots
– when someone is extremely scared, it is said that they are quaking in their boots
at your wit’s end
– if you are at your wit’s end, you are very worried about something and do not know what to do.
Terms of Service
Shawon Notes © 2017