» List of Phrases - Unit 6 (feelings - sadness)
List of Phrases - Unit 6 (feelings - sadness)
This blog will contain few list of phrases expressing sadness....
- a glazed look of despair – a dull, sad facial expression
- a throng of busy bodies – a group of people who are curious or interfering into other people’s affairs
- as plumb-less as a mid-ocean trench – not able to be understood, just like a long deep hole dug in the centre of the sea
- heart palpitated tremendously – heart beat very fast
- huffing and puffing – breathing in and out noisily
- woeful voice – very sad or disappointing tone
- cry one's eyes out – if you cry your eyes out, you cry a lot and for a long time.
- down in the dumps – someone who is down in the dumps is depressed or feeling gloomy.
- down in the mouth – when someone is down in the mouth, they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed.
- face like a wet week-end - If someone has a face like a wet week-end, they look sad and miserable.
- your heart sinks – if your heart sinks, you feel very unhappy and despondent.
- lump in your throat – if you have a lump in your throat, you have a tight feeling in your throat because of a strong emotion such as sadness or gratitude.
Category: Language |
Views: 623 |