- Arm to the teeth – be prepared.
- Bark up the wrong tree – to direct and enquire and opposition at the wrong person.
- At sizes and seventh – need in the confusion.
- Beat around the bush – to go around the subject instead of coming childly.
- Fight tooth and nail – fight with outmost ferocity.
- Carrot and a stick – the hope of reward and the threat of punishment.
- Carry coals to new castle – to do something unnecessary.
- Cast a cloud over something – cause annoyance or unhappiness to someone.
- Burry one’s head in the sand – close one’s eyes to danger.
- Castles in the air – dreams and hopes that will not come true.
- Chip of the block – somebody acts like his father.
- Fish in troubled water – do something in confusion.
- Cross one’s mind – thought came to mind.
- Dark horse – A person of unknown abilities may bring surprise.
- Last pulse before swine – give somebody something who is unable to appreciate.