» Colour Chemistry - List of substances' colour you need to know for practical questions.
Colour Chemistry - List of substances' colour you need to know for practical questions.
- Compounds of group I and II are white
- Iron (II) compounds are green
- Iron (III) compounds are red-brown
- Copper (II) compounds are blue.
- Exception: Copper(II) oxide is black
- Copper (I) oxide is red
- Anhydrous copper (II) sulphate is white
- Copper (II) carbonate is green
- Nitrogen dioxide is brown
- Sulphur is yellow
- Fluorine is yellow
- Chlorine is green – yellow
- Bromine is red
- Iodine is black
- Iodine vapour is purple
- Bromine vapour is red-brown
- Bromine solution is orange
- Iodine solution is dark brown
- Silver chloride is white
- Silver bromide is pale – yellow
- Silver iodide is yellow
- Metal is shiny silver
- Gold is shiny yellow
- Copper is red brown
- Lead (II) iodide is yellow
- Lead (II) Chloride is white
- Carbon dioxide, Sulphur dioxide, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Ammonia, Noble gases, Carbon monoxide are colourless.
- Nitrogen dioxide is brown.
Comment if anything is not included.
Category: Science |
Views: 3737 |